[SI-LIST] Re: 90 degree bend

  • From: Stefan Ludwig <ludwig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 22:08:24 +0200

At the risk of getting reprimanded by Lee et al. and being sent back to
school, what is the famous 2.5 D naming problem? Google didn't present
anything useful on the first result page, therefore it doesn't exist. :-)
Cheers,

Stefan

Zhou, Xingling (Mick) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I remember in physics we can estimate how much energy is needed for an
>electron to escape the surface of a conductor and also the significant
>difference between the speeds of electrons and light (EM waves).  Some
>people are trying to explain the phenomena intuitively by some
>similarities. However, we could be easily confused by mis-understanding
>the behavior of waves and particles and the relations. Is EMI caused by
>the off-PCB electrons at all? Etc. From practical engineering point of
>view, it may be O.K.  However, from scientific point of view, we need to
>be careful. There are some other similar situation in our society such
>as the famous 2.5 D naming problem.
>
>Regards,
>
>Mick

Ludwig Systems Engineering         Consulting - Design - Implementation
WWW: www.ludwigsystems.com         System Architectures - FPGAs - PCBs
Ph/Fx: +41-43-355-58-73/74         Hardware - Firmware - Software

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.org

List archives are viewable at: