From: si-list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:si-list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of steve weir
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2004 12:22 PM
To: prasadsa@xxxxxxxxxx; si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [SI-LIST] Re: 50 ohm and 130 ohm on the same board

S A, I agree with the poster who questions the 130 ohms in the =
first=3D20
place.  Such a high impedance trace is an invitation to EMI.  That
sounds a=3D
=3D20
lot closer to the odd mode impedance for a differential pair feeding
STP=3D20
and would correspond to 65 - 75 ohms even mode depending on how tightly
you=3D
=3D20
couple. Before you go defining your board geometry, make sure your=3D20
requirements are correct.

Steve.

List FAQ wiki page is located at:

List technical documents are available at: