[SI-LIST] Re: 48V power distribution

  • From: "Gourari, Alexandre" <Alexandre.Gourari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 16:22:43 +0100

But I thought that Steve's original suggestion about safety on 48V was
right. Given you are not going to use linear regulator to power logic from
48VDC some sort of buck converter is necessary, so your voltage swing at the
switcher will be >48VAC peak-to-peak (due to voltage drop on recirculating
diodes) exceeding 42Vp-p safety threshold.

Best regards,
Alex Gourari