[shell-coding] SetShellWindow

  • From: "Chris Sutcliffe" <ironhead@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: shell-coding@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 19:01:54 -0500 (EST)

Hey All,

I've been playing with SetShellWindow, and since it sounds like some of
you guys out there are working on figuring out how explorer works you
might be able to help out.  ;)

Basically, as you are well aware I'm sure, if you SetShellWindow(hwnd),
Explorer refuses to start.  I was able to get around this with setting the
'BrowseNewProcess' and 'DesktopProcess', in that explorer.exe would start
as a file manager.  The problem that still exists is that New/Open dialogs
still do not refresh when a new file/directory is created.  I don't
suppose anyone has any ideas?

Chris Sutcliffe

Subscription options and archive: