[SFCC] SFCC Members

  • From: chuck <chuck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sfcc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 07:23:28 -0700

From: Larry East

Please forward the following to Sunflower Computer Club members:

BOINC Stats Explained

If you look at the "BOINC Info" <http://www.w1hue.us/sfcc/boinc/>page on the club's web site, you will see two tables at the bottom. The table on the left lists the number of "credits" generated by the SFCC BOINC computers (currently four) for the five projects that we are working on and some other information. The table on the right lists similar information for our "team" and includes projects from all team members (currently only the club and Larry East). These tables are automatically updated every night.

Lets take a look at the table for the club computers as it appeared on the afternoon of September 13, 2010:

Emacs!

"SFCC" is our user name; the US flag indicates that we are located in the US. The first column lists the projects in which we are participating (CPDN is "ClimatePrediction.net" and WCG is "World Computing Grid"). The second lists the total credits earned by us for each project. The third lists the number of credits earned since the previous day. The fourth column, labeled "Rank", shows how our number of credits rank against the total number of credits earned by all uses for each project. (For CPDN, we currently rank as number 14,856 out of 233,397 users; you can click <http://boincstats.com/index.php?list=full&or=0>here to find the number of users and total credits for each BOINC project). The last column, labeled "Rank%" shows how our credits rank against each individual user for each project. For example, the first row shows that we have accumulated more credits in the Climate Prediction project than 93.6% of individual project participants -- NOT more credits than 93.6& of all project participants combined.

The links at the bottom of the page bring up pages with charts showing how our (and our team's) credits and rankings have changed over the past 60 days and some pie charts showing how our total credits are distributed among the various projects over various time periods.

JPEG image