[SeniorTech] Re: Research articles on Coconut Oil Benefits

  • From: GmoffettLtTouch@xxxxxxx
  • To: seniortech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 14:53:11 -0400 (EDT)

I have been using it for about two years now.  I like it on toast,
(especially Monk's raisin toast), and I fry with it.  I give about a
tablespoon to
my large dog each morning in her food.  She will eat that  before she eats
the food....lol.  I also use it as a body lotion after a  bath.  Sometimes I
just eat a Tablespoon from the jar, but I am not as fond  of it that way.
I believe some people put it in  smoothies.   Just start slowly with a
small amount at a time and work  your way up to larger amounts.

     Read the labels to see HOW it is made.  I  believe the 'Nature's Way'
(efa-gold)brand in Wegmans cost me about $8 or $9 for  a 16 oz. jar.  I like
that brand as it is a little creamier.  All  Coconut Oil will be SOLID at
room temperature.

_****Coconut RECIPES - Free  Recipes Using Coconut Flour, Coconut Oil, &_
(http://www.freecoconutrecipes.com/)
Here are a bunch of recipes you can look at for cooking and baking with
it....scroll down the page.

For Diabetics, and weight loss information, you may want to watch  this
doctor speak on a 4.07 minute video.  There are lots of other  videos You Tube,
so look around.
_******The  Benefits of Coconut Oil - Dr. Gerhauser/YouTube/4.07 min._
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnWtxm0bIEk&feature=related)

If you have trouble locating it in a store, you can google Swanson Vitamins
 or Vitacost and enter Coconut Oil in the Search tab.  You will find many
brands available at discount prices.   Ginny

In a message dated 3/16/2012 1:58:03 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
ajbreding@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Ginny,  thank you for the information,   I think the VCO would be worth a
try.... so when I head in to go to the store today will see if I can locate
some.   Shouldn't hurt anything from what I have read.     Are you taking
any or just thinking about it.

Avis

"Live your  life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the
morning, Satan  shudders and says "Oh no.......She's  awake!!"

provided as a service to computer-using
senior citizens and  retirees by "SeniorTech"
(http://www.seniortech.us)

Forward this  email to any computer-using seniors you know.
They can subscribe themselves  by going here:
http://www.seniortech.us/listserv.htm

To unsubscribe  from this listserv, go  here:
http://www.seniortech.us/listserv.htm

Questions? Email Jerry  Taylor at    jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx