[SeniorTech] Have you heard about this Malware DNS CHANGER ?

  • From: GmoffettLtTouch@xxxxxxx
  • To: SeniorTech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 00:04:38 -0400 (EDT)

FYI....not to  cause anxiety, but Jerry said I could pass this along just
to make you  aware....

I was informed about this malware problem today  from my brother in
California.  It may cause a concern if you see  future e-mails warning about
it.  I
 had not heard of this  problem.  It is EASY to check your computer to see
if you have it by  reading the first link below.  Some explanations
follow......

I went to check this on  Snopes and they referred people to this site from
PC Mag.com..  ._**Snopes referral  -Avoid Internet Doomsday: Check for
DNSChanger Malware Now  |_
(http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2401227,00.asp)

The easiest check for me to see if I was infected...(and for most  people)

...was about half way down the page there was a section in  bold type that
says... 'How to Protect Your Connection'.   There is a blue link there
called 'DNSChanger  EYE  CHART'...and you just click on that.    **If a picture
comes up with a RED  background, you are infected (or your router is
infected).....and if  a GREEN background comes up, you are not infected.
(Fortunately, I am OK.)
The link my brother sent me has more detailed  information, it you want to
check that out for any reason.....
 _DCWG | DNS Changer  Working Group_ (http://www.dcwg.org/)

   Good Luck......Ginny