[sendcard] Sendcard Newsletter: January 2002

Hi,

I hope you all had a good Christmas.  I was so busy that I didn't get any
programming done over the holiday :-(

Sendcard's web site will be moving to a new host shortly as Freedom2Surf,
who have hosted it for 1.5 years, are closing their free service.  I will
post the address of the new site shortly when I get round to moving the
content over.

As you all realise there hasn't been a significant release of sendcard for
a long time.  For sendcard to succeed now it needs to become a team
effort.  I've not received enough donations (none since September) to
warrant spending more time on sendcard and so have to work on other
projects instead.  To the 3 people (out of over 680 users of sendcard) who
have made donations I just want to say thank you - I can't tell you how
much receiving them has meant to me, and the encouragement to continue
developing they have given me.  I am definitely not giving up on sendcard,
and you can expect a new release before the end of January, but development
is going to be much slower from now on.

Therefore if anyone feels like doing some work on sendcard please get in
contact - I have a long list of jobs that need doing, ranging from
revamping the admin to adding multilingual capabilities to writing
documentation!

On a more happy note, sendcard is now being used by Excite, the web portal,
on their Italian site.  You can view it @
http://cartoline.excite.it/sendcard/.  While they didn't contribute
anything towards the project, it will certainly raise the profile of sendcard!

That's all for now!
Peter.

---oOo---
sendcard - *The* PHP e-card solution