[sendcard] New tutorials for sendcard

  • From: Sendcard <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sendcard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 12:25:40 +0100

Hi,

I hope everyone else is enjoying the summer as much as I am - it makes a
change to have a few days without rain :-)

I thought you'd be interested to hear about the tutorials I've been
producing for sendcard - at last there's more than the basic documentation
to show you how to modify sendcard to meet your needs.

Recently I've been spending more time on improving the documentation than
adding more features to sendcard - many of the features people have been
asking for (such as emoticons) are possible already with sendcard, but you
need to understand how sendcard works to implement them.  These tutorials
have been designed with this in mind, and are designed to let the less
advanced computer user add the features themselves, while learning in the
process techniques to apply in future to other modifications that they wish
to make.  Anyhow, that's the theory, and I'd appreciate feedback as to how
hard/easy you find them to follow.

My latest tutorial is about adding emoticons (the popular smiley faces that
brighten up messages) to sendcard.  Included in the tutorial are sample
files to use with sendcard, making it easier than ever to put the tutorial
into practice!

You can find the whole selection of tutorials at
<http://sendcard.resource-locator.com/tutorials/>.

Regards
Peter

---oOo---
sendcard - The free open source PHP e-card solution
http://www.sendcard.org