[sem-comp] virus warning

  • From: "Ben" <ravemonster@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sem-comp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 12:20:00 +0100

Hi all

Just a quick virus warning cos we are getting quite a large amount of the
same virus coming into work and unrelated I have had the same one sent to an
altervistas account and my mate had one go to his website seems to be
spereading fast. Clever stuff it installs itself to run whenever a exe is
executed and mails from you machine to people in you guest book files from
your my documents folder, one of my altervistas accounts recievd a document
from the owner of ishouldbeworking.com :)
It has random subjects and messages so its hard to spot, for some more about
it:

http://www.msnbc.com/news/602527.asp#BODY
or
http://vil.nai.com/vil/virusChar.asp?virus_k=99141

If you recieve it the email may read somin like (it changes):

Hi! How are you
I send you this file in order to have your advice
See you later Thanks

----

thats all

-Ben