[seeditmaxi] Re: time machine...

  • From: "Alberto Prato" <alberto.prato@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: seeditmaxi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 11:27:52 +0100

no problem...on an italian macforum I found this:
*Because Apple updated various components of Time Machine, some users are
experiencing various new problems with Time Machine after updating. Backups
are failing many times, and other times users are getting "access
privileges" errors. Some folks are also getting problems with the Time
Machine volume being "read only". For some users the initial backup after
the update may take a long time. Time Machine will do a deep traversal of
the boot volume to ensure all files are properly accounted for in the
backups after the update has been applied, so it is recommended to wait it
out if backups seem to take a long time.

Potential Fixes: Reset Time Machine Go to the Time Machine preferences and
remove the backup drive from the destination. Then turn off Time Machine and
shut down the computer. With the computer off, turn off or unplug the Time
Machine drive and wait a few minutes. Then boot the computer and wait for it
to load. When the computer is completely loaded, plug the TM drive back in
and turn TM back on in the system preferences, reselecting the drive as the
backup volume.*

it comes from Macfixit.
I followed those directions and now works as usual again:-)

Alberto