[seeditmaxi] Re: meta cache-control

  • From: Dean Hill <mdeanhill@xxxxxxx>
  • To: seeditmaxi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 11:49:26 -0800

Sven,

Try this link:

http://www.mnot.net/cache_docs/

It's a link that's buried in the page that Peter (in freezing Britain) sent and it has additional cache info beyond just PHP that might be of assistance.

If not, it's got excellent general information about caching and the kinds of caching we encounter (browser, server, gateway, etc.)

Cheers from Southern California.

Dean Hill..

On Jan 8, 2010, at 11:41 AM, Sven E Olsson wrote:

Hi Peter!
Hope all is well!

Thanks for the link, yes I was afraid of that, my server cachefly don't have PHP ... but I wonder if I could use my programming skills here. I should take a look at it later. And it is ( as I see it ) only Safari that give me hiccups every time I update a page. There is no problems with FireFox or the new Google Chrome ....

Have a nice weekend!
Sven E

On 2010-01-08, at 20:14 , Peter Danckwerts wrote:

Hi Sven!

An interesting question. You'll find a possible answer here:

Best wishes from a freezing Britain,

Peter
Peter Danckwerts
TIGER OF THE STRIPE