[seedit] Re: What is going on?

  • From: Sven E Olsson <seeditmaxi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: seeditmaxi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 15:40:55 +0100

On Nov 12, 2011, at 13:44:54, Chuck Miller wrote:

> It all looks great
> I'm ready for 8
> To see just how greata
> I'd check out a beta
> For now asking please
> How long is this tease?
> Chuck M

Thanks for your reply!

Starting with some answers about SEEdit 8 Major Release:

1) System Requirements:
Alpha beta period: OS X 10.5 Intel or later.
Public release: OS X 10.6 Intel and later.
Min screen height resolution: 768px (higher is recommended)

2) The public release of SEEdit 8 is scheduled in July-Sept 2012.

3) It would be possible to test SEEdit 8 as 30-days Trial Edition (Pro),
"Upgrade from old registration key"  (9.00 USD) after 2011-11-01 or purchase a
new registration key  (29.00 USD) also after 2011-11-01. This new keys are
valid for SEEdit 7 (Pro) and SEEdit 8 (Pro). SEEdit 8 Standard Edition is also
available as free-ware, but requires a registration key that ends with FREE,
available from our download page (as SEEdit 7 Standard Edition key).

4) The first alpha version of SEEdit 8 would be uploaded to our server on
2011-11-13 (tommorow Sunday).

5) SEEdit 8 is to 90% feature complete, and stable as as the forthcomming
SEEdit 7.2.0 that would be public in the end of this month.

6) SEEdit alpha/beta/release candidate/public release has it own "Auto Update"
channel and any new build would be updated by auto the whole time.

7) SEEdit 7 as the latest public major release would be supported and updated
at least until the end of 2012.

I let the list know when the new version is uploaded (it is only announced
here). After new year we use the big drums.

a) The Help Items is for version 7.x.x but improved "ToolTips Messages" is
added or just ask if there is any problems.
b) As I wrote before, this version is both stable and useful, but perhaps
something is removed/added in later alpha builds.

If you test this version, please let us know, it is important to get some
feed-back and there is some months to rework it. Drop an e-mail to our gmail

Sven E

Sven E Olsson

Skype: seeditonskype