[seedit] On the Go!

  • From: Sven E Olsson <seeditmaxi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: seeditmaxi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2011 07:28:31 +0200

Hi list!

* Please Fill Reports!
Mostly bugs is fixed in a few minutes, but we need to know them!
This morning we fixed some minor issues in the Site Window, that was displaying
.rtf and some other file types like .webloc in the Site Window list-box and
opened in SEEdit. In next version of SEEdit this file types is opened in the
correct application (TextEdit and Safari).

* Using bigger frameworks like JsQuery in SEEdit.
SEEdit is checking the links to css and js files in the html document and
create css classes and javascript functions that is available in the Editor
Toolbox and menus for insertion.

If you then put 10 - 20 links to css and js files in the html documents, it
would take some time for SEEdit to check and build all the things. Doing so
would also affect the visitors of your site, the browser need to load all the
files. So if the css or js file not is used in the html document, don't add a
link to it! Only add links to css and js files that is used by the document.

Into SEEdit 6.5.2 (806) fc4 is added a new settings in the SEEdit Preference
Window - Advanced that turn the checking of all css and js files on/off. This
means (if off) faster response when SEEdit open html files or the Editor Window
is activated. When this settings is off, SEEdit still check for linked css and
js files in the SEEdit standard directories "styles" and "script" and build css
classes and java script functions from the linked files.

* SEEdit 6.5.2 Final Candidate.
SEEdit 6.5.2 is in the Final Candidate stage, but we found it was necessary to
address some issues before the public release, and it would be at least one
more fc release before the public release at the middle of this month.

The latest Update info:
http://seeditmaxi.cachefly.net/seedit/630-pre.html

The latest final candidate for download and test:
http://seeditmaxi.cachefly.net/tmpbuilds.html

Regards from Sweden,
Sven E

Sven E Olsson
seeditmaxi@xxxxxxxxx
http://seeditmaxi.cachefly.net/
feed://seeditmaxi.cachefly.net/rss/rss.xml

Skype: seeditonskype