[seeditmaxi] Less CSS

  • From: Sven E Olsson <seeditmaxi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: seeditmaxi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 15:47:50 +0100

Hi list,
I started a new thread about the idea from Troy.
I have checked on it today ( an hope I understand it ). There is one thing that
looks interesting to implement into SEEdit and it is to use variables ( just
like the date variables ) that make it easy and fast to change for example an
color value that is used in many places in the css file.

Example on an standard.var file:

@font-color: #ccc; <----------- variable
@font-normal: 12px;<----------- variable

p{
font-size: @font-normal;
color: @font-color;
}

from this standard.var file we now could create/update the standard.css file:

p{
font-size: 12px;
color: #ccc;
}

As I see it, this is something that is fast and easy to use when the site ( css
file ) is big, but it take some time to build the .var file the first time.

Here is some info about this:
http://lesscss.org/
http://sass-lang.com/

Note:
We just uploaded todays build SEEdit 5.7.0 fc2 at:
http://seeditmaxi.cachefly.net/tmpbuilds.html

Sven E

Sven E Olsson
http://seeditmaxi.cachefly.net
feed://seeditmaxi.cachefly.net/rss/rss.xml
feed://seeditmaxi.cachefly.net/rss/prerelease.xml
Skype: seeditonskype
Yahoo: seeditmaxi
iChat: seeditmaxi@xxxxxxx
seeditmaxi@xxxxxxxxx