[seedit] Re: Comparing text editors... (friendly)

  • From: Sven E Olsson <seeditmaxi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: seeditmaxi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 17:30:51 +0100

My knowledge about WordPress is limited.

But as I could see to work off-line .....

1) Download the WordPress site ( using CyberDuck ).
2) Use the MAMP PHP Server
3) Config the MAMP Server and create the SEEdit site preference folder

Then it should work as an standard (SEEdit) PHP site, but the problem is to
download and upload so the files is in sync.
If the server account have an ftp account it also should be possible to easy
use SEEdit Quick FTP.

Could this works for you??

Sven E

On 2011-03-12, at 15:56 , Charles Miller wrote:

> Greetings. I have a WordPress coach. In one of his training sessions, he
> extolled the value of using Windows Live Writer for editing content on a WP
> page. How it links to the WordPress site so that page content can be worked
> on off-line (including adding pix) and then a click will update the live
> site.
> For Mac users like me, he recommended Blogo and someone else mentioned
> MarsEdit. My early investigations don't show a big advantage to either
> compared to the WP Visual Editor. They don't work with the CSS or other code,
> just the words and images.
> When I read about the 6.3 version of SEEdit, I wondered if it does (or could
> in a future version) be able to connect with a WordPress site for working on
> the site's files. Perhaps the content only (like the other two). Perhaps the
> CSS, PHP and other files.
> WordPress seems to be booming (used for "regular" sites not just blogs) so
> that might be a nice area to offer in.
> Chuck M

Sven E Olsson
Skype: seeditonskype