[seedit] Re: Comparing text editors... (friendly)

  • From: Charles Miller <chuckmiller@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: seeditmaxi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 08:56:29 -0600

Greetings. I have a WordPress coach. In one of his training sessions, he
extolled the value of using Windows Live Writer for editing content on a WP
page. How it links to the WordPress site so that page content can be worked on
off-line (including adding pix) and then a click will update the live site.

For Mac users like me, he recommended Blogo and someone else mentioned
MarsEdit. My early investigations don't show a big advantage to either compared
to the WP Visual Editor. They don't work with the CSS or other code, just the
words and images.

When I read about the 6.3 version of SEEdit, I wondered if it does (or could in
a future version) be able to connect with a WordPress site for working on the
site's files. Perhaps the content only (like the other two). Perhaps the CSS,
PHP and other files.

WordPress seems to be booming (used for "regular" sites not just blogs) so that
might be a nice area to offer in.

Chuck M