[scshadowbane] Update

  • From: Dan Healy <danhealy@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: scshadowbane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 09:22:37 -0700

Hey guys,

        We had quite an eventful night.  First off, our forge + hammersmith is
up and running.  We currently have well over what's required for
maintenance, but you need to keep gold in the strongbox so people can
sell stuff to you.  IC members, you have the power to change anything
with the smith, including adding money to the strongbox and junking
items (so we get cash for them).  Please junk all of the non-magical
stuff, and if the magical stuff is any good leave it in the inventory
for awhile in case someone wants to buy it.  Also, please don't alter
the profit sliders.  They must be set the way they are.  I am upgrading
the building to R2 as we speak; once it reaches R3 we can place another
hireling in there, probably Medium/Light Armor or Shields.  The end
cost for that will be  467.75k per week, that's 1 R7 smith, 1 R1 smith,
and a R3 building.  To rank it up that far, we'll need an additional
1643.75k (over the span of 2 weeks or so).  Bear in mind that the
Hammersmith raked in like 200k at least in 12 hours of operation.  The
R7 smith would be an additional source of great income, as those smiths
are generally not found elsewhere.

        Secondly, we went to war last night.  Apparently someone in Victory
(City of Silver Tear, NorthEast portion of main continent) set up a
Bane circle on the city of Eden (Vita Brevis, SE Main Continent).  The
Iceland Alliance is allied with Vita Brevis, and when they called for
an attack on Silver Tear, we answered with full force.  I have many
screenshots of the siege and you can read about it on the Chaos
Political forums.  Basically, we won.  We destroyed several buildings
and a gate, and killed all of their members.  They are sure to
retaliate, probably on Eden, and we will continue to support them.  It
was GREAT fun!  I personally died a few times, twice because of extreme
lag (Mac client doesn't handle siege very well), but I managed to kill
at least 6 of Victory's members.  Was quite exhilarating, and I am sure
that the battles to come will be just as exciting, so try to get online
as much as you can today and this weekend!

        Finally, I would like to welcome the three people who contacted me
from my flyering.  You should all be on this listserve, I hope.  If you
are in game, please try to contact one of the following:

Ptolemy
Vaca
Gitana
Ishm
Tacitar
Tacitron
Nestor

        Those are all the characters currently part of the Wolley Guls, so
contact them and we'll get you a summons over to our city ;)  Have fun
guys!

--Dan