[scshadowbane] Re: Latest News 5/7/03

  • From: Dan Healy <danhealy@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: scshadowbane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 02:07:58 -0700

Hey Jeff,

        I've spent more time planning my character (an aelfborn channeler)
than anyone else in the guild.  I know the difference between what's
really important and what you can ignore for the most part.  The main
thing is, the most difficult process in character creation happens
before you even log in.  You really need to plan out your character, up
to it's old age, well in advance.  There are two reasons for this.
One, every 10 levels you get 1 less ability point per level (eg, you
don't get any for level 60).  Secondly, again at level 60, you stop
getting training points.  This means it's extremely difficult to change
your character once you've already stuck with it through all the levels.

        I really encourage you to come by my room some day, Porter B 435.  I
have the strategy guide Wayne was talking about and I can let you
borrow it.  Also, I can help you plan out your points a bit, and
explain some stuff to ya.  It's nice to hear from you, and I hope to
talk to you soon.

--Dan