Wildlife Club Campout Preparation

  • From: "John Maynard" <John@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 17:23:17 -0500

Hello folks, it's time once again to hit the woods on our annual Outdoor
Skills camping trip at the Alamance Wildlife Club
(http://sites.google.com/site/scouttroop17/camping/camping/wildlife).  We
should be in for some perfect weather (but, Be Prepared).  This is an
important trip for our young scouts as we will be passing off several needed
rank requirements (orienteering & lashing), so please make every effort to

What we will do on Tuesday Night to prepare for this trip (Please have your
scouts present)

.         Choose tent buddies

.         Meal Planning by Patrols

o   Menu will be determined

o   Supplies will be divided up between patrol members

.         Turn in Cooking Merit Badge Worksheets (for those that didn't last

PLEASE REPLY - I need to know who will be camping with us this weekend.
Please reply with names of Scouts & Dads (let me know if you can drive) that
are going.  I will complete this list on Tuesday night.

PERMISSION FORM - Please sign and return to me the attached permission form
for each scout as it is required by BSA.

Meet at Scout Hut at 4:30p (Be on time)

Some things to bring?

.         Cold weather camping gear

.         Sleeping system

.         Personal Items

.         Mess Kit (plates, bowls, cups, silverware)

.         Nalgene (1 ltr) water bottle

.         Fishing Gear

There have been several folks to ask about returning for Saturday Basketball
games.  We have to ask that your scout make a choice as this creates a very
difficult situation for me trying to keep up with who's on the property and
who's not.  I appreciate your understanding.

As always, visit www.ScoutTroop17.org for any information you may need.

John Maynard