Troop 17 - Spring_2013_Recharter

  • From: "Bates, Hal" <HBates@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 21:08:51 +0000

I will be sending out recharter letters over the holidays, so we can register
our troop. If your son DOES NOT PLAN to continue in scouting, email me and let
me know so I won't keep requesting your recharter fee. Please pay the below
fees as soon as possible, but no later than January 8, 2013. Checks are to be
made out to Troop 17 and can be mailed to me at 2204 Teal Court, Burlington,
North Carolina,  27215

Should you have any questions, please let me know.

Have a safe and merry holiday.

YIS, Hal Bates

[cid:image001.jpg@01CDDECC.4CFA0200]

Troop 17 - B.S.A.
Burlington, North Carolina

Parents, Scouts, and Scouters:
Greetings and Happy Holidays!  It is time to recharter for 2013.  The Troop
recharter fees are as follows:

Each Boy Scout                                                  Registration
                    $ 15.00

Insurance                                 1.00

Boy's Life                                12.00 (for all boys)

Trip Fees, etc.                    107.00
                                   Total Now Due
                          $135.00

Each Adult Troop Committee Member
   $25.00
(Lewis, Maynard, Schiller, Coble, Huffines, Carmen, Bell, etc.)

Please pay the above fees as soon as possible, but no later than January 8,
2013.  Please make check payable to Troop 17 and send them via your Scouts to a
Tuesday meeting or by mail to - Hal Bates, 2204 Teal Court, Burlington, North
Carolina   27215.

A portion of the $135.00 you will be paying will go to defray the annual cost
of automotive insurance and upkeep for our donated Suburban.  Rank and merit
badge advancement is expensive and we try to include this cost along with
camping trip expenses for the year.  We may be contacting you from time to time
when we make trips outside of our normal budget (skiing, biking, etc.).  Our
troop thanks you for your financial commitment to the Boy Scouts of America and
to Troop 17.  Please do not hesitate to call me if you have questions regarding
the financial aspects of Troop 17's operation.

Note to our Eagle Scouts
We want you to remain active as a registered Scout so we're offering you a
chance to recharter for only $16 (registration and insurance).  This will allow
you to continue your opportunity to earn the coveted palm awards, but most
importantly, you will be able to participate in the occasional fun trip where
BSA requires registration and insurance. Please consider remaining connected to
Boy Scouts of America!

JPEG image