Troop 17 Advancement Update

  • From: "Bates, Hal" <HBates@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 18:37:26 -0500

Remember all scouts need to purchase a 2010 scout handbook which is available
at Graham Sporting Goods for $8.99.

At the beginning of our meeting we will emphasize to the boys about keeping up
with their own advancement status. An up-to-date advancement report is posted
on our bulletin board. Scouts need to record their advancements in their books
- parents, I love your questions, but please don't ask me about your son's
advancement status - that's your son's job. Parents, I do need each of you to
help them buy a book and remind them to record their information.

LIFE scouts: I'm meeting with all Life scouts tonight to discuss their
progress. Several boys have been Life since last spring and don't have much
left towards Eagle. I want to know where each of them stands on their
advancement. This is when I give my famous "You have invested a lot of time in
this program, now let's close the deal" speech.

As always, yours in scouting.

Hal Bates
Glen Raven, Inc.
1821 North Park Avenue