T17 Backpacking Trip - Appalachian Trail - Hotsprings, NC

  • From: "John Maynard" <John@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 16:07:03 -0400

Hi Folks, we are ready and will be hitting the trail in just a few weeks.
We have planned a fantastic Backpacking Trip on the Appalachian Trail in the
Ashville, NC area.  This will be a great opportunity for the boys to
experience the World Renowned Trail as well as how to prepare for and endure
a weekend in the mountain wilderness.

Date: 4/13/12 to 4/15/12 (Normal times - Leave 4:30p Friday   Return early
afternoon Sunday)

Location: Hotsprings, NC

Cost:  TBD (Gas $ plus Friday dinner & Sunday lunch on the road)

Registration:  http://www.scouttroop17.org/permission  (separate forms for
each participant, please)

It is appreciated to have all scouts and participating adults to register
for this trip as soon as possible for planning purposes.  Transportation is
our main need.

You can find more info, maps, files & photos on our website location:
https://sites.google.com/site/scouttroop17/camping/campgrpbp/campdestspring

It will be important to participate in the next 2 (excluding Spring Break on
the 3rd) troop meetings for training and information.  Thank you and I look
forward to having you aboard!

John Maynard