Required Eagle Badge - Citizenship in the Nation

  • From: "Bates, Hal" <HBates@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 14:55:39 -0500

In addition to the Cooking merit badge, Troop 17 has also offered Citizenship
in the Nation merit badge which is required for the rank of Eagle. The Eagle
rank requires a total of 21 merit badges and 12 of those are required and all
of them can be found in the scout hand book and at on our  website at the
“advancement” tab. Our objective is to offer every Eagle required merit badge
within a four year period through our Tuesday night meetings and summer camp.

Citizenship in the Nation

Several of our boys were in attendance when we covered Citizenship in the
Nation and are well on their way to completing the merit badge. Below is a
spreadsheet which list each scouts name and the requirements that he has
already passed off. For them to complete the badge, please print both the book
and worksheet (links below) hand have them complete the remaining requirements
of the merit badge using the worksheet (make sure their name is on the
worksheet) and present the remaining requirements to Rob Martz, Citizenship in
the Nation merit badge counselor,  at the next meeting after they have finished
all of remaining requirements. If they need all of the requirements, have them
fill out the entire worksheet using the book as a guide.

·         Link to merit badge book:
http://cid-78f2ca079eeb0929.office.live.com/self.aspx/MB%20Pamphlets/Citizenship%20in%20the%20Nation.pdf

·         Link to merit badge worksheet:
http://cid-78f2ca079eeb0929.office.live.com/view.aspx/MB%20Worksheets/Citizenship-in-the-Nation.doc

Should you have any questions, please let me know.

                                        Attendance

        Requirements

                Scout Name

        Wk 1