Recharter Time

  • From: "Bates, Hal" <HBates@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 09:28:26 -0500

Several of you have already received our recharter packet by mail last
week but prefer an electronic copy, so I have attached our letter for
2011 with important dates.

Please let me know is your son does NOT want to continue in our scouting
program so I won't bug your for registration money and we can remove him
from our recharter list.

Should you have any questions, please let me know.

________________________________

Troop 17 - B.S.A.

Burlington, North Carolina

Parents, Scouts, and Scouters:

Greetings and Happy Holidays!  It is time to recharter for 2011.  The
Troop recharter fees are as follows:

Each Boy Scout                                  Registration
$ 15.00

Insurance                                 1.00

Boy's Life                                12.00 (for all boys)

Trip Fees, etc.                    107.00

Total Now Due
$135.00

Each Adult Troop Committee Member
$25.00

(Lewis, Maynard, Weston, Huffines, Schiller, Carmen, Bell, Holland (2),
Knight, Lindley, Roberts, Scott, etc.)

Please pay the above fees as soon as possible, but no later than January
18, 2011.  Please make check payable to Troop 17 and send them via your
Scouts to a Tuesday meeting or by mail to - Hal Bates, 2204 Teal Court,
Burlington, North Carolina   27215.

A portion of the $135.00 you will be paying will go to defray the annual
cost of automotive insurance and upkeep for our donated Suburban from
Jeff Holland and a blanket liability policy for Bob Lewis.  The Suburban
is registered in Bob's name.  Insurance was astronomical when it was
registered in the name of the Troop, so we have structured the expenses
in this manner.  Rank and merit badge advancement has become rather
expensive and we try to include this cost along with camping trip
expenses for the year.  We may be contacting you from time to time when
we make trips outside of our normal budget (skiing, biking, etc.).  Our
troop thanks you for your financial commitment to the Boy Scouts of
America and to Troop 17.  Please do not hesitate to call me if you have
questions regarding the financial aspects of Troop 17's operation.

One final note to Senior Scouts.  You must recharter in order to
participate in any Scout Trips this spring or if you plan to do a High
Adventure Program this summer.  You must be registered and be under the
B.S.A. Insurance in order to participate.

You must also be registered to finish your Eagle!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yours in Scouting,

Hal Bates
Scoutmaster - Troop 17
http://www.ScoutTroop17.org <http://www.scouttroop17.org/>