REMINDER - T17 McQueen Farm Campout 2/3-2/5

  • From: "Bates, Hal" <HBates@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 09:06:57 -0500

We are in the process of ordering food and trying to get organized for
our 2/3 camping trip at the McQueen Farm. So if you are planning to
attend, please register at our website before the 7:00 meeting tonight @
www.scouttroop17.org/permission.

A few comments on this trip:

1.       This is key for new scouts to get started in the Boy Scout
System of leadership and service.

2.       Don't worry about the cold, we'll have good fires and the boys
will be fine in their sleeping bags with long johns during the night.

3.       This, as all trips, is very important for the boys to advance
in rank.

4.       Dads, don't feel obligated to attend all of the trips, the boys
really need the first few trips without their parents to learn how to be
"Boy Scout Independent" - they are really ready for some independence.

5.       Should you have any questions or concerns about the trip please
contact John or me to discuss.

We're very excited about the next year and look forward to having a very
active Boy Scout Troop. Also, please mark the week of July 4th for
summer camp.

*         We depart at 1:30 on July 1st and pick-up is the morning of
July 7th.

Hal Bates
Scoutmaster - Troop 17
http://www.ScoutTroop17.org <http://www.scouttroop17.org/>
2204 Teal Court
Burlington, NC 27215
HM: 336.585.1962
WK: 336.586.1325
MB: 336.269.2215

From: John Maynard
Subject: T17 McQueen Farm Campout 2/3-2/5

Hello Folks,

It is time for us to hit the outdoors again for our Winter Skills
camping trip located this year at the McQueen Farm located South of
Graham.  This is an important trip as we will be covering a long list of
skills which are required for rank advancement including:

*       Lashing
*       Compass work
*       Flag ceremony
*       Patrol activities
*       Cooking
*       EDGE Method for both younger and older scouts, etc

****************************

Date:  2/3/12 - 2/5/12

Time:  Meet at Hut - 4:30p

Location:  McQueen Farm (hwy 87 S.)

Planning Meeting: Tuesday 1/31/12 (Important)

It is important and helpful to register for each trip as soon as
possible to help us better plan for attendance.  Simply click on the
link to fill in the web form at: www.scouttroop17.org/permission
(Adults do need to register - 1 form per person)

John Maynard

GIF image