Popcorn Money Due Tomorrow

  • From: "Bates, Hal" <bateh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 17:13:51 -0500

From Melanie Hawks, the popcorn queen

________________________________

Hello Troop 17.  Order forms, money and prize selection is due at
tomorrow's meeting.  If your son cannot attend, please get the order to
me ASAP.  I have to count/balance/prepare the order and transmit it
Wednesday.  I cannot wait for outstanding orders.

I would like to thank all the scouts and parents that helped with our
show-n-sell events at Lowes' Home Improvements, Lowe's Foods and Food
Lion (especially the parents).

The hours below are the service hours worked by each scout selling
popcorn for the troop at a show-n-sell event.  In addition to service
hours, they get credit for popcorn sold towards their prize selections.
They get prize credit  for $25 per hour worked (ie take the door-to-door
sales sheet, look at total sold and add the amount of prize credit  to
determine total for selecting prizes).

I will use Davis as an example:

His sales sheet shows his door-to-door sales as $350  which qualifies
him for a level 4 prize.

He worked 6 hours x $25= $150  prize credit

$350

$150

$500   He can now choose a prize from Level 5 - $425+  (or a combination
of                                     prizes up to $500)  because of
helping the troop show-n-sell popcorn.

I know this is confusing - sorry.  I will be there Tuesday to answer
questions.  Thanks, Melanie

service

prize

hours