Norfolk Trip Packing and Transportation

  • From: "Bates, Hal" <HBates@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 09:43:13 -0400

Looks like a total of 29 going on the trip and therefore we only need to
take 4 vehicles - Bates (5), Bonney (8), Watt (8) & Lander (8) can
transport our needs. When we travel we minimize the number of cars on
the road for safety and BSA insurance purposes. If I miss counted
seatbelts, we'll add a car.

This is a one night trip, so the boys don't need to take much but make
sure they each have a sleeping bag. If your boys like to shower, they
should bring a towel, if not, they can shower when they get home. Please
have the boys pack in small duffle bags to minimize space.

NO ELECTRONICS OF ANY KIND ARE ALLOWED ON ANY TRIP, THIS INCLUDES MOBILE
PHONES, IPODS, RADIOS, PSP'S,ETC. (just for the boys, I don't care what
the dads bring). When we camp, it is an outdoor experience but the boys
need to talk to each other on trips and not be involved in their
electronic community. The leaders will have mobile phones in the event
of an emergency.

Should you have any questions, please let me know.

Hal Bates
Scoutmaster - Troop 17
http://www.ScoutTroop17.org <http://www.scouttroop17.org/>
2204 Teal Court