Mt. Rogers Backpack Trip - Apr 23-25

  • From: "John Maynard" <John@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 11:03:11 -0400

Hello Backpackers!  We are getting close to our trip and wanted to send out
some information.  I am watching the weather very closely and assuming we
have most of the weekend without rain, we are a "GO".  Please watch your
email as I will send an email around lunch time tomorrow if we have to
cancel due to too much rain in the forecast.

Important: I NEED to receive the attached form, filled and signed (either by
hand or electronically) before we leave on Friday.

Time: 4:30p (please be on time)

Location: Scout Hut

Return Time: +/- 4:00p Sun. (we will call parents on the way home)

A few items to remember:

3 liters of water (to start the hike)

Personal First-aid Kit

Food $ for Dinner Friday & Lunch Sunday (on the road)

Prepare for rain in the forecast so be sure to have raingear and use trash
bags inside the pack to keep items dry.

Quick-dry clothing is recommended!

Website information: http://scouttroop17.web.officelive.com/LinkCamping.aspx

Below are the attendees.  Please, I need to know if there are any changes to
be added or removed.

Scouts:

Davis Budd

Hunter Abner

Evan Saurage

Jack Ellington

George Schmitt

AJ Nwoko

Promise Nwoko

Ellis Moser

Jack Watt

Leaders:

John Maynard (Driver)

Jim Weston

Richard Schiller (Driver)

Brad Moser

Matt Watt

Troop 142 will also be joining us!

For those that have GPS, our parking location at Mt. Rogers will be:

Grayson Highlands State Park

GPS Position: N36 37.981    W81 30.308

John Maynard

Tarheel Research High Res

   "...Agrotech Solutions"

(336) 263-5088

     PO Box 1088
     Burlington, NC 27216
 <mailto:John@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> John@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

MonaVie Distributor

 <http://www.mv-juice.com/> www.MV-Juice.com

fish[1]Drink it!  Feel it!  Share it!

P   please consider the environment before printing this email