Great Service Hour Oppurtunity

  • From: "Bates, Hal" <HBates@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 08:55:32 -0400

Here is another good service opportunity. If interested, please contact
Paul Mauney - pmauney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  or 336-506-3002.

Hal Bates
Scoutmaster - Troop 17
http://www.ScoutTroop17.org <http://www.scouttroop17.org/>
2204 Teal Court
Burlington, NC 27215
HM: 336.585.1962
WK: 336.586.1325
MB: 336.269.2215

Subject: Great Service Hour Oppurtunity

Smokey -

Thanks again for helping me get the word out on this.  Attached, please
find a flyer that can be forwarded out to all troops.  The content is
also below:

Dear Scouts:

The Relay for Life survivor committee  is looking for Scout volunteers
to help with serving attendees at this year's event dinner on Friday,
May 18th.  The dinner will take place at the very beginning of the Relay
event, around 6:15 PM, directly after the initial walk around the track
by the survivors.  Duties will primarily be standing by to assist
attendees with carrying food and/or drinks to their table after walking
through the buffet line, but will also include helping with clean up at
the end of the dinner.  Last year, we had approximately 18 Scouts that
did a great job with this.  This year, we are estimating a bigger crowd,
so will likely need around 24 Scouts total.  The committee  would like
to ask that all volunteers show up around 5:15 for a brief overview and
planning session, and should plan to stay until at least 8:30 - 9ish to
help with clean up.

For those who are interested, please contact me at
pmauney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or 336-506-3002.     This is a very rewarding
event that I hope you will consider.

Thanks so much,

Paul