Friendly reminder -- Troop 17 information and Recharter Information

  • From: "Bates, Hal" <HBates@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 18:42:57 -0500

Friendly reminder that our recharter fees of $135 are due this Tuesday,
January 17th, for BSA registration.

***If you son doesn't plan to re-register, please let us know also if
you want to be removed from our email distribution, we will be glad to
take you off the distribution.

Note to our Eagle Scouts

We want you to remain active as a registered Scout so we're offering you
a chance to recharter for only $16 (registration and insurance).  This
will allow you to continue your opportunity to earn the coveted palm
awards, but most importantly, you will be able to participate in the
occasional fun trip where BSA requires registration and insurance.
Please consider remaining connected to Boy Scouts of America!

________________________________

Recharter: Our recharter letters went out last week and I wanted to send
an electronic version so that everyone would have a copy. We were in the
process of updating our database at the time of the mailing so some of
our new scouts would not have received the letter.

Calendar: Please note, we have moved our March Camping Trip to the
weekend of March 16th.  To see our complete calendar, go to
https://sites.google.com/site/scouttroop17/calendar  and please make
note of the green highlighted items on your personal calendar which are
our camping trips and other important dates.  We try very hard to plan
ahead for everyone's convenience and desire as much participation as
possible from the scouts.

Future Trip Registration: We have a new system as of this past year, to
register for a camping trip or activity.  Our eRegistration Form is
located on our website under the Camping Information Tab "Activity
Permission Form"
<https://sites.google.com/site/scouttroop17/camping/campinfo/camping-per
mission>  link.  This form link will be emailed as a part of our
planning for each activity and is necessary to be filled in for two
reasons. 1) Release form required by BSA  2) Registration in order for
an accurate count of adults and scouts that are participating.  It will
be important to fill the form for each scout or adult individually for
count purposes.

Please refer to our Troop 17 website often (www.ScoutTroop17.org) as
this is where you will find most needed resources.

Should you have any questions, please let us know.

Hal Bates
Scoutmaster - Troop 17
http://www.ScoutTroop17.org <http://www.scouttroop17.org/>
2204 Teal Court
Burlington, NC 27215
HM: 336.585.1962
WK: 336.586.1325
MB: 336.269.2215

________________________________

Troop 17 - B.S.A.

Burlington, North Carolina

Parents, Scouts, and Scouters:

Greetings and Happy Holidays!  It is time to recharter for 2012.  The
Troop recharter fees are as follows:

Each Boy Scout
Registration                        $ 15.00

Insurance                                 1.00

Boy's Life                                12.00 (for all boys)

Trip Fees, etc.                    107.00

                Total Now Due
$135.00

Each Adult Troop Committee Member
$25.00

(Lewis, Maynard, Schiller, Coble, Huffines, Carmen, Bell, etc.)

Please pay the above fees as soon as possible, but no later than January
17, 2012.  Please make check payable to Troop 17 and send them via your
Scouts to a Tuesday meeting or by mail to - Hal Bates, 2204 Teal Court,
Burlington, North Carolina   27215.

A portion of the $135.00 you will be paying will go to defray the annual
cost of automotive insurance and upkeep for our donated Suburban.  Rank
and merit badge advancement has become rather expensive and we try to
include this cost along with camping trip expenses for the year.  We may
be contacting you from time to time when we make trips outside of our
normal budget (skiing, biking, etc.).  Our troop thanks you for your
financial commitment to the Boy Scouts of America and to Troop 17.
Please do not hesitate to call me if you have questions regarding the
financial aspects of Troop 17's operation.

Note to our Eagle Scouts

We want you to remain active as a registered Scout so we're offering you
a chance to recharter for only $16 (registration and insurance).  This
will allow you to continue your opportunity to earn the coveted palm
awards, but most importantly, you will be able to participate in the
occasional fun trip where BSA requires registration and insurance.
Please consider remaining connected to Boy Scouts of America!

GIF image

JPEG image