Cooking Merit Badge - Update #1

  • From: "Bates, Hal" <HBates@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 18:36:01 -0500

We had a fantastic start to our cooking merit badge class and covered
requirement item #1, if your scout missed this past Tuesday, have them
fill our requirement one on the worksheet and all the information they
need is in the book. They got their assignment to this Tuesday at our
meeting, but in case they didn't write it down, here it is.

Homework for this Tuesday:

1.       Complete pages 3 & 4 from workbook (attached), requirement #3.
We'll review this Tuesday and then they will need to visit the grocery
store and costs for their selections.

2.       Find and print a Dutch oven recipe, two requirements

a.       Something they like

b.      Something they think they can prepare

c.       We'll select the winners for our February trip

Link to Cooking MB book -
http://cid-78f2ca079eeb0929.office.live.com/self.aspx/MB%20Pamphlets/Coo
king.pdf

Hal Bates