Cooking Merit Badge Sessions

  • From: "Bates, Hal" <HBates@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 20:20:04 -0500

This Tuesday, we begin our Cooking merit badge sessions. This is not an
Eagle required merit badge but a required Troop 17 merit badge, every
boy needs to learn how to cook. During the course of this merit badge,
our boys will learn nutritional information, menu planning for both home
and camping as well as learn how much it costs to provide meals. They'll
realize why the grocery bill is so large each week.

This week is our introduction to the badge, but like all merit badges,
work will be required outside of our Tuesday meetings and will finalize
everything by our February camping trip.

Please print the attached worksheet and send it with your scout this
Tuesday.

Hal Bates
Scoutmaster - Troop 17
http://www.ScoutTroop17.org <http://www.scouttroop17.org/>