Camping Trip this Weekend @ McQueen Farm

  • From: "Bates, Hal" <HBates@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 09:03:21 -0500

We will be watching the ever changing weather for this weekend and as of
today we are still planning to go on our camping trip. If we decide to
postpone the trip due to the weather we will be sending out a notice via
email so please check your email regularly as we approach Friday
afternoon.

Departure time: 4:30 at the scout hut

Meals

*         Friday night dinner - most scouts bring a sub sandwich or
something simple to eat, we will not be stopping for dinner on the way
to the campout

*         Saturday - Our patrols spent a good part of last night
preparing their patrol menus and food responsibilities - the boys are
responsible for bring their own food for breakfast, lunch and dinner
Saturday, of course we have a back-up plan if their cooking doesn't work
out. The troop has all pans, pots and grills needed for food
preparation. Small coolers are fine to bring. Meals for any of the dads
have been taken care of, any dads going on the trip do not need to bring
any food, we have it covered.

*         Sunday - the leaders will be preparing breakfast and we plan
to be back at the scout hut before lunchtime.

Cost - $0.00

What to bring:

All scouts need to bring the following in addition to suggested camping
gear:

1.       Water bottle

2.       Cup

3.       Plate/bowl

4.       Silverware

5.       Compass - a good $8.99 compass can be found at Wal-Mart.

6.       Synthetic fiber sleeping bag (down doesn't work well with our
boys if it gets wet)

7.       Warm clothes

8.       Rain gear

9.       A suggested general camp gear list can be found on our website
under camping information -
https://sites.google.com/site/scouttroop17/camping/campinfo

Should you have any questions, please let me know.

Hal Bates
Scoutmaster - Troop 17
http://www.ScoutTroop17.org <http://www.scouttroop17.org/>
2204 Teal Court
Burlington, NC 27215
HM: 336.585.1962
WK: 336.586.1325
MB: 336.269.2215

Here's who we have registered for the trip:

Trip Participants

Adult

Bates

Hal