Sale Stretch - Scootworks Pre/Post-Thanksgiving/Black Friday update

  • From: "Steve@Scootworks" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <scootworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 08:06:45 -0500

I've personally been in this hobby for over 35 years, and Scootworks has
been running now for over 12 of those. About the time I think we understand
the market in our industry, we're shown that there's nothing about this
market that's constant. I've watched trends shift from year to year in the
purchasing habits of riders, and the things that interest them. Black is the
new chrome. Long stretch chrome dripping choppers are giving way to minimal
bikes like bobbers and such. Cruisers are beginning to morph into baggers
more and more. Many things play into it...television, magazines, riding
clubs, internet forums, and now more than ever...it's the economy. As I
mentioned in my last update, in the over 12 years of being in business,
we've found that most folks were out of town or just too tired from running
here and there, to be very interested with motorcycle parts over the
Thanksgiving holidays. As a result, our Thanksgiving sales were almost a
waste of our time preparing for them. Last year's pre-Thanksgiving sale
worked well, and many customers confirmed what we thought about the
availability of their time during the days immediately surrounding that
holiday.

Today, we found many messages in our inboxes that indicated a shift in
things a bit. Perhaps folks are staying home more this year for the
holidays. Some folks communicated that they wouldn't have access to their
holiday pay until this week, would be staying in town for rides with
friends, etc. This is something we heard almost nothing of last year.

We thought of holding a 'Black Friday' sale or some such. Like many of you,
much of our staff will be enjoying the holiday with their family and there's
no need in making more work of this than is necessary. So, the simple thing
to do, to try an accommodate as many as possible during this holiday, it to
leave well enough alone and let this run through the end of this week.

Just like over the last 3 days, put the items you want in your cart, type
TURKEYDAY in the promo box, and click "recalculate" to see the even DEEPER
discounts you'll get on millions of parts to select from. Get some goodies
while they're on sale, and enjoy upcoming Holidays with a 'Thank You' from
Scootworks!!

OK...here's a little bike show info and lots of pics and such for you to
look at... A few of the Scootworkers put some bikes in a Bike & Car show
yesterday in Garner NC (11/20), and here's what happened...

1- My youngest son & Scootworker, Brandon, took 1st place in 'Best Custom'
with his bike (Bones). He's 26 years old, works at Scootworks, and this was
his first full build. He did it with assistance from Dave (Eagle, SW Shop
mgr), and Jon (SW Custom painter) over about 1 year of nights and weekends.

2- Jon Earp, SW custom painter, took 2nd place in 'Best Custom' and also
took 'Amy's Choice' (her Best of Show pic) with his bike (Low Life)

3- Bryan Long took 'Best Stock' (non-modified frame) with his bike (RawHide)

You can see all of these bikes' builds online at:
http://www.scootworks.com/projectbikes.htm

Next - I just finished editing, resizing, culling, organizing, etc over 500
pics from Daytona beach Biketoberfest 2010. The pics were taken with 3
different devices used by some of us, so getting everything grouped
more-or-less in the correct order and of similar size took a bit of work. At
the end, you'll see some smaller pics I pulled from my facebook page's
mobile posts, that's why there's such a size difference.

There's 4 little video's the Iron Horse on there. If they don't play for you
when you click on the links, right-click the link and save it to your
desktop, then play them from there.

You can see them at:

http://www.scootworks.com/events.htm

Happy Holidays from Scootworks!