[School-GNU-Linux] Re: installation problem

I also face the same problem: ASUS M2V-MX SE with a 160gb SAMSUNG SATA Hard
disk.
We are system suppliers and supporters to many schools in our locality,
Kumily in Idukki district. In the beginning of the academic year (April/May
2008) we have supplied some computers to a nearby school for using it with
it@school linux. Then at that time the installation was not successful and
as per the advice from some it@school trained instructors/co-ordinators we
waited for the next release of it named '3.0.2' to come to solve the issue
as it may be a 'Motherboard unsupported' problem. The used mother board was
an ASUS (ASUS M2VMX-SE) with a SATA Hard disk(SAMSUNG 160GB) After the
arrival of the new version also the problem remain unresolved.
Problem description:
In the installation process after detecting/configuring network hardware and
asking for host name when it tries to detect hard disk, after waiting for
some minutes it says [" Detect disks" No disk drive was detected. If you
know the name of the driver needed by your disk drive, you can select it
from the list] and a list follows.  After that installation goes no further.
We have asked to many Linux consultants and they gave us many options to
try. But could not succeed. Is there any solution available for this
problem. We have tried the separate 'base system installation' also. We are
waiting for the solution. Expecting help.
Siby P Varkey
SIAN SYSTEMS, 3rd Floor, Popular Building,
Thekkady Junction, Kumily, Idukki Dist., Kerala - 685 509
sibyperiyar@xxxxxxxxx
9447524253, 9744252457