[School-GNU-Linux] installation of Gnu/Linux

  • From: "Vimal Joseph" <vimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "salim shah" <salimshahak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 18:01:01 +0530

On 12/9/06, salim shah <salimshahak@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear Sir
            I am a mathematics Teacher & School IT co-ordinator.Sir, I have
a system with ASUS motherboard, AMD ATHELON 64 bit processor, SATA hard
disc.I failed to install the OS Gnu/Linux (IT @ SCHOOL) in my system. As a
Teacher it is necessory me to teach students.I don't more about installation
other than you taught us.Can you help me ? If you have any sugessions please
mail me.

Dear Salim sir,

Please join School GNU Mailing list at
http://support.space-kerala.org/mailinglist.html and ask your doubts
there. I'm sure many in this list will able to help you.

For your specific query, We use Linux Kernel 2.6.14 for the IT@School
GNU/Linux. Unfortunately, it wont support some AMD 64 Asus board's
SATA controller. I think ASUS K8S VM series is one among them. If you
are using any of those boards, SATA Hard disk will not work. You can
use an IDE disk to install School GNU/Linux.

I'll update the list, if there is any workaround for this.

thanks and regards,

~vimal

--
Free Software, Free Society