[School-GNU-Linux] Re: [School-GNU-Linux]

  • From: Saji N <saji89@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: schoolgnu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 21:57:29 +0530

* How to Get HP Printer, Scanner and Fax Drivers for Linux(Ubuntu
included...)*

How to Get HP Printer, Scanner and Fax Drivers for
Linux-

Today many of us prefer to use Linux as our primary operating
system<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operating_system>…..
but when we think about moving to Linux, we get a problem…. will we have
necessary drivers for Linux? Well… earlier this seems to be a big problem…
that’s the past, forget about the past! This is present! Today there are
lots of Linux developers, now we don’t have to worry about the drivers,
because now Linux have almost everything….. Today we are going to see how to

get the Linux drivers for HP <http://www.hp.com/> printers, faxes and
scanners!

Actually this Linux version of the drivers are not developed by HP itself,
but they recommend an outside website
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Website>for the job!

“For Linux downloads, HP recommends another Web site. If you need to
download Linux drivers, you will be directed to a Web site that is outside
the HP Web site. Click the link on this page if you want to continue. “

   1. First go to *http://hplipopensource.com *and click on “Download
HPLIP<http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/index.html>
   “
   2. Next Select your Linux
Distribution<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_distribution>,
   The version of that distribution, the printer type and the printer model.

   3. Then click Next until you get the instructions (some may not get it
   because they have to install their drivers manually. But don’t worry,
they
   will tell you step by step how to do it)…. at the top of the instructions

   you will see a “Download HPLIP” button…. click it to download the
drivers.
   4. After you download the drivers, follow the instructions on that page
   closely! (I will not tell you how to do it because, for different Linux
   versions you have different methods of installation, and they have all
those
   steps clearly stated!)

 I hope you enjoyed your new printer drivers! Now you can completely move
your workplace to Linux!
 Courtesy:http://www.earth-org.com/blogs

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 9:28 PM, sushama kumari <kumarisushanair@xxxxxxxxxxx

--