[sbe104_toledo] Windmill Google Earth File

  • From: "Eric C. Jingst" <ejingst@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "sbe104_toledo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <sbe104_toledo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 16:30:21 -0500

Hey guys,

Attached is the Google earth KMZ file with the info we have so far on the
proposed windmills. Again the info about turbine locations is all from the FAA
website and these are approved locations from the FAA. They are anywhere from
492-497 feet in height (tip of blade). And the blade diameter is 100 meters.
This is definitely a concern for us due to the proximity of our transmitter and
the height of our antenna (511 ft). You may want to consider what potential
impact this will have on reception for your stations as well and make your
opinions know to the local township boards and companies. There have been
several articles in The Blade about this issue, as well as I think a couple
stations have done stories on this as well.

Thanks,
Eric Jingst
Chief Engineer
WLMB-TV 40