[sanesecurity] Re: winnow.malware.ts.msofficeupdate.3.UNOFFICIAL

  • From: Tom Shaw <tshaw@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: sanesecurity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 11:12:45 -0400

At 4:27 PM +0200 10/23/09, Per Jessen wrote:
I just started using the winnow_malware databases yesterday and got a
truckload of FPs - at least 100 at last count.  Did anyone see the
same?

You sure they were FP's? There was a boatload to fake MS updates for office with attached url to Zeus malware over the last day or two.

I have deactivated the signature in an abundance of caution due to your report but I would like confirmation of FP's as all the ones we collected here are all phish/malware droppers.

Tom

Tom