[sanesecurity] Re: [sanesecurity_announce] New Database: crdfam.clamav.hdb

  • From: "Brian Kesting" <bkesting@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "sanesecurity" <sanesecurity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 11:13:38 -0600

Thank you very much for the info.  Once I make the change, do I need to restart
any services in order for this to take affect?  Also, is there a listing
somewhere of all the available databases?

I currently have:

junk.ndb
   jurlbl.ndb
   phish.ndb
   rogue.hdb
   sanesecurity.ftm
   scam.ndb
   spamimg.hdb
   winnow_malware.hdb
   winnow_malware_links.ndb
Thanks again,

Brian

On 11/23/10 10:55 AM, "Brian Kesting" <bkesting@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> How does one go about installing this new database?  I currently run every
> hour the following script:
>
> /usr/local/bin/clamav-unofficial-sigs.sh -c /etc/clamav-unofficial-sigs.conf

You need to edit /etc/clamav-unofficial-sigs.conf.  The name of the new file
needs to be added to ss_dbs

For example, mine reads:
ss_dbs="
   INetMsg-SpamDomains-2m.ndb
   crdfam.clamav.hdb
   doppelstern.ndb
   doppelstern.hdb
   junk.ndb
   jurlbl.ndb
   jurlbla.ndb
   lott.ndb
   phish.ndb
   rogue.hdb
   sanesecurity.ftm
   scam.ndb
   scamnailer.ndb
   spam.ldb
   spamattach.hdb
   spamimg.hdb
   spear.ndb
   spearl.ndb
   winnow_malware.hdb
   winnow_malware_links.ndb
   winnow_phish_complete.ndb
   winnow_spam_complete.ndb
   winnow.attachments.hdb
   winnow.complex.patterns.ldb
   sigwhitelist.ign2
"

> Will that grab a new database?

Once you make the change, yes....

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CISSP # 78281