[sanesecurity] Re: postfix+amavisd-new+sanesecurity anomaly

  • From: Daniel McDonald <dan.mcdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sanesecurity <sanesecurity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 06:42:55 -0500

On 10/22/10 3:34 AM, "Tom Kinghorn" <thomas.kinghorn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>    ood morning List.
>
>  I apologize profusely for posting this question here but I do not know where
> to turn for assistance.
>
>  I have inherited a cluster of postfix servers running amavisd-new.
>
>  The older 4 (using sles 10) run the singantures fine and the SaneSecuirty
> test signatures get detected (in clamd.log) and the mail gets discarded (as it
> should) in /var/log/mail.
>
>  On the newer servers (sles 11), the test signatures get detected (shows in
> clamd.log) but the messages get delivered.
>

>  Any idea's as to why the older servers work and the newer ones do not pick up
> the test signatures?

Could be lots of things - quarantine not set up, final virus destiny set
differently, virus-to-spam maps tripping, or maybe the domains just are not
in @localdomains.

Grab the /etc/amavisd/amavisd.conf file from a working system and a
non-working system, perform a diff (I personally have an easier time reading
diff -u) and see what is different about the configuration....

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CISSP # 78281