[sanesecurity] Welcome

  • From: Steve Basford <steveb_clamav@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sanesecurity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2009 20:00:23 +0000

Hi All,

First of all thank you to subscribing to the announce list and for the messages of support.

The current situation is that a couple of people have offered to help setup an rsync system, round-robin dns system and also ip banning, using firewall tables when users try to rsync more that x times per time-frame, which should help greatly. I'll be getting in touch with them and sort out a rough plan of action... but this might take a bit of time though.

The signatures are still being updated for my personal use, so hopefully if things can be sorted out, they'll be pretty much

For those that wanted it...I've already sorted out a PayPal/Credit card donate button, so if things do work out, it'll be put on the site.

And obviously other mirrors would be welcome to join the round-robin dns system, once the mirror system have been sorted out, of course.

Happy New Year to you all,