[sanesecurity] Signature download script with "backup" feature?

  • From: Wolfgang Zeikat <wolfgang.zeikat@xxxxxxx>
  • To: sanesecurity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 01:49:33 +0100

We are using several 3rd party signatures for clamav with self-written download scripts.

Today, we are, for the second time within few weeks, having problems with mbl.db: LibClamAV Error: cli_bm_addpatt: Signature for MBL_14252.UNOFFICIAL is too short
LibClamAV Error: cli_parse_add(): Problem adding signature (4).
LibClamAV Error: Problem parsing database at line 521
LibClamAV Error: Can't load /var/clamav/mbl.db: Malformed database
ERROR: Malformed database

Last time, this stopped after less than 24 hours IIRC, nevertheless it is annoying.

So, I would like to use a download script that keeps a backup of the last working copy of all signature files and restores it in case of such problems.

Is there a working community script available that already does that? If so, I would prefer that instead of writing such backup feature for our current scripts.

Thanks and best regards,

wolfgang