[sanesecurity] Re: MSRBL-Images and MSRBL-SPAM

  • From: Bill Landry <bill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sanesecurity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2010 06:44:14 -0700

On 11/1/2010 6:28 AM, Alvaro Marín wrote:
Hi,

El 01/11/10 12:03, Tony Finch escribió:
My update scripts noticed that yesterday the MSRBL databases turned up in
the sanesecurity distribution mirror. They have gone again this morning.
Was this deliberate or an oversight? Should I add knowledge of the
them to
my script?

Same problem here:

# /usr/local/sbin/clamd
LibClamAV Error: cli_loadmd5: Empty database file
LibClamAV Error: Can't load /usr/local/share/clamav/MSRBL-Images.hdb:
Malformed database
ERROR: Malformed database

Are you trying to download MSRBL signature databases from Sanesecurity mirror sites? If so, why? They are *NOT* Sanesecurity distributed signature databases and never have been. In fact, MSRBL signature databases are defunct (meaning they are no longer maintained or updated, and haven't been for well over a year), so remove them from your download script.

Bill