[sanesecurity] Re: False Positive

  • From: Peter <sanesecurity@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sanesecurity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 15:49:16 +0100

Sujit,
You haven't told us what program is calling clamav, but whitelisting a particular sender would need to be done at that stage - once it has got to clamd, it won't process any mail headers etc.

If you are using clamav-milter, edit /etc/clamav-milter.conf and add a 'Whitelist /path/to/a/file' parameter. Then create that file (ensuring appropriate permissions) and put in it 'From:messagelabs.com' or whatever the sender address/domain is.

If you aren't using clamav-milter, consult the documentation for whatever you are using.

--
Peter

On 30/08/2016 15:54, Sujit Acharyya-choudhury wrote:

Sorry got my answer, modified the master.conf file and commented out junk.ndb
file.

Sujit