[samscommunity] American Education Week Proclamation by President Obama

  • From: "WANDA WYLIE" <wwylie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <samscommunity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 14:16:28 -0500

President Obama proclaims November 14-20 American Education Week
President Barack Obama this week reaffirmed the importance of education
both to our nation’s core values and to our future success by signing a
proclamation for American Education Week.
The proclamation reads, in part: “Education has always been central to
ensuring opportunity, and to instilling in all our citizens the defining
American values of freedom, equality, and respect for one another.  Our
Nation's schools can give students the tools, skills, and knowledge to
participate fully in our democracy, and to succeed in college, career,
and life.  This week, let us reaffirm the importance of education and
recognize that we all share in the responsibility to educate our
students.”
For the entire proclamation, please click below:

http://www.nea.org/assets/docs/2010education.prc.rel(1).pdf

 Richland County School District One provides
employee e-mail access for administrative and
instructional uses only. E-mail correspondence
to/from Richland County School District One is
 considered public information and is subject
to release under the South Carolina Freedom Of
   Information Act or pursuant to subpoena.