[sac-forum] Re: Waivers

  • From: "Steve Coe" <stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 16:00:38 -0700

So, Thad thank you setting down the rules for the next club meeting.

I assume that it is at the regular GCU location.

I have several questions:

1)  How will the waiver be put into place?  I like Peter's idea of signing
one so that it is on record once a year.

2)  Will club members who do NOT sign a waiver be allowed to attend star
parties?  Will they be allowed to remain club members?

3)  Will the waiver and club insurance cover me as just a member at a club
function?  If I am at a public star party and someone trips over my tripod
and sues, will the club policy come to my rescue for legal expenses and/or
any money that must be paid to the tripee?

4)  Most important of all--are we going to be able to set aside all this
insanity once we decide and go back to being the best club in the world at
observing the sky?

I certainly hope so;
Steve Coe