[sac-forum] Re: Waivers

  • From: Jeff Hopkins <phxjeff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 08:15:26 -0700

The appearance is this is already a done deal, and the voting is just a formality. I believe there has been heated debate on this list about the cons of waivers. I feel it is essential that the membership be made aware of those. If this is passed without due process, once the membership finds out the ramifications, I will be glad I am not a board member.

As far as FACTUAL listing, I have seen NO FACTUAL listings FOR waivers!

Jeff

At 08:05 -0700 9/7/05, Thad Robosson wrote:
I have not seen any discussion on this in a while.
I read the latest Newsletter, but was disappointed there were no Pros and Cons listed for the amendment. That really should be done. All members should be made aware of the ramifications of the waiver. I hope this will be done before any vote is requested.
Jeff

Jeff, due to time constraints, logistics, and just plain "what the heck would we say anyway", it was decided to not to that. That being said, what "ramifications" are you speaking of?

To anyone who would like to present a case for or against
the waiver issue, please feel free to post them here in a concise, FACTUAL listing. Please do not use conjecture
or supposition to color the argument.
Thad

-- Jeff Hopkins HPO SOFT Hopkins Phoenix Observatory http://www.hposoft.com/Astro/astro.html

                     Hopkins Phoenix Observatory