[sac-forum] Re: Telescope donation update

  • From: Steve D. <fester00@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SAC Forum <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 05:48:04 -0700

Hi Rick,
I met with the board a couple months back with a proposal the Novice Group
Chairman should have control of the club scopes, since he's the one that would
most likely perform the loan. (Seems odd, speaking of myself in the third
person...) They agreed and passed a motion. I'd be delighted to take it off
your hands. Next meeting or we could meet somewhere after work if you like.

Steve Dodder
Chairman, SAC Novice Group
Coordinator, Grand Canyon Star Party, North Rim
Director, Stone Haven Observatory

fester00@xxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.stonehavenobservatory.com

Date: Mon, 4 May 2015 18:40:34 -0700
Subject: [sac-forum] Re: Telescope donation update
From: Saguaroastro@xxxxxxx
To: sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

IIRC, we already have two club scopes, one of which is in my garage. I would
not mind getting back to the club properties director.

Rick

On May 4, 2015, at 07:28, Michael Poppre <popps@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I don't know if this went through on the other SAC listserve so here it is
again:

I want to close out an issue from the recent club meeting. At Friday's
meeting I mentioned a stargazer in town who wanted to donate a telescope to
the club. When I told him we would accept his offer he notified me today
that in the time between his offer and our meeting he had already given the
scope to Glendale Community College.